The image shows a model of a frog-type car, from the original Volkswagen beetle, seen from side, facing left.
It is a rounded, compact car with domed corners and oval roof, with low height body car, being designed as a city car.
The exterior skeleton of the car, also called the body car, is marked embossed.
The headlights, lower left, and the rear lights, lower right, are rendered by rounded, blank shapes.
The wheels at the bottom have the tires highlighted by embossed circles.
The car has only two doors, from side being shown just one of them, the one on the right side, outlined by an blank, thickened line.
The side windows at the top of the car are marked by blank shapes.
On the right edge is a man standing, thus positioned to facilitate the comparison of the dimensions of the car to the height of an adult.
It is also known as Beetle, Fusca or Coccinelle
It is a compact car, produced by Volkswagen from 1938 to 2003. Although the names “Beetle” and “Bug” were quickly adopted by the general public, it was not until August 1967 that Wv began to use the name in promotional materials. Previously it was called either “Type I” or 1200, 1300 or 1500, these being the names under which it was marketed in Europe before 1967. These numbers refer to the cylindrical capacity of the engine in cubic centimeters. In 1998, after several years since the original model was released from most of the world’s production lines, VW launched the “New Beetle” that bore strong resemblance to the original.
A personality who made a significant contribution to the birth of Type 1 was the Austrian mechanic Hans Ledwinka, who integrated his multitude of innovations into the Tatra T77. The improved version, the T79, is the model that impressed Adolf Hitler and caused him to bring a similar car to German streets. Specifically, the Führer wanted a car for 5 people, capable of reaching 100 km / h and accessible to any German, costing at most 1000 brands.
At least surprisingly, the model that was to enter production, finalized by Ferdinand Porsche, will be inspired, even at the chancellor’s advice, from the sketches of the Hungarian engineer Josef Ganz, a Jew. The car with two doors and rear traction, initially called KDF-Wagen, from “Kraft durch Freude” (Power through Joy), so, in 1937, the car could be purchased in exchange for only 900 marks ($ 400).
In the early 1960s, the car was also introduced to the United States of America, where it would become popular, despite the reluctance of the Americans, to remind them of the horrors of World War II.